When moving home, you want to ensure that the process is smooth and stress free. Neales Removals is a quality home removal service provider which guarantees a smart and efficient move. Now, the company will share to you the invaluable moving tips so that you can begin a very organized transition in your life. This article will site the comprehensive timeline to provide you with the range of insights on what to do in preparation to your move.
6-8 weeks before you move
- In this duration, you need to decide the reputable company to help you in the move. Of course as part of the plan, you need to let them know as early as possible of the desired date of home transfer. Through this, you will be able to get rid of the annoying follow up calls of your removal company.
- Keep a checklist to know the most important things to be done and to track whether it has already been done. This way, you can run the move smoothly and efficiently.
- This is the suitable time for you to sort the things you need to bring to your new home and get rid of the things that you don’t really need anymore. Shedding the clutter can be a wise solution to minimize the truck load you are going to have in the date of the move. Again, dispose the unwanted things or you can donate some stuff to some charitable institutions. Now, if you are smart enough to earn some money from your unwanted things, then you might as well try to launch a garage sale.
- Keep your documents well-organized you will need a folder or a clear book to keep them all together.
- Prepare a floor plan in your new house so that it would be easier for you to organize the furniture as you arrive in your new home.
2-3 weeks before you move
- Visit the post office and request an address change; this process takes 7-10 days to take effect so you need to note this in advance. In this regard, try to notify bank, internet provider, other companies such as fire, car, medical insurance companies as well as your mobile and other utility companies of your scheduled transfer.
- Clear the loft first; there are lots of items needed to be disposed in that area so the sooner you empty the loft, the better, you can use this space to store the boxes which are ready for moving.
The last few days
- Finish packing the remaining stuff in the last few days to avoid the hassle in the day of the transit.
- Make arrangements with animal care as you move them along with you in your new place.
- Mark the boxes and label them accordingly so that you will not get confused to where you should place them when you arrive to your new place.
- Clean the house before leaving so that the person who will come next to you will not have bad impression in their transfer too.
During the move
- Keep calm, focus and do not panic.
- Supervise the loading and unloading process.
- Make sure you orient the team movers to what they are going to load first to keep the process organized.
- Make sure you have the keys to your new home.
- Switch off the lights and make sure that everything is unplugged.
- Do a final walk round to check you’ve remembered everything – do this BEFORE the removal vehicle leaves!