Are you considering a perfect way to do a home upgrade? Then the best thing for you to do is a loft conversion. This is a process of transforming a loft to a very usable space such as a master bedroom, a home office or maybe a playroom for your kids. There is a huge spectrum of choices you can do in order for you to make it happen. We have researched into some great companies that would provide this service and we have found Arran construction, you are in control of all the possibilities of this space transformation. You can suit it according to your lifestyle and design of how you wanted it to be.
Before you begin on your loft conversion, it is exactly worth finding out so that you will get the desired results you wanted. Also, you have to know what it will involve and how it will affect the design of your home. This article would give light to these concerns.
What are the steps you should follow along the process? Here is the proper way to start:
- The initial step that you should bear in mind is to figure out what type of room would the loft be converted to.
- Once you have already identified how the loft should be utilized, then, the next thing that you should do is to make a blank canvass. You have to plan how you will access the space, how many windows should you add, how you would do the ventilation and the lighting of the area. In every kind of stuff you wanted to add in the loft, you should think practically. A floor plan is really a must. Consider the things you might need according to the overall space of the area. Like for example, if the loft will be converted into a master’s bedroom, you might try to consider getting a sliding door to minimize the space consumption. Sliding doors to your wardrobes also can save space.
- Next step is to plan on how you will keep the loft well-ventilated and insulated. Make sure that you add a window to keep it naturally lighted and ventilated. As a good tip, it is best recommended to use a Velux window. Remember, you should be careful in choosing the position of your windows. It matters a lot.
- Next thing to do is how to place the stairs. You need to plan how the flow of the stairs should be like.
- Evaluate whether or not your house will be able to bear the weight of a loft conversion. While having loft conversion provides extra space, it is clear it will add a great amount of weight to your house thus the need to make sure the structure of the building can take it.
- Next to consider is the head height. Will there be enough space for you to move around the loft space? If you could not get a rough estimate, then it is a need for you to get a designer to explain clearly how much headroom you’ll have in your loft once it’s converted is necessary. Most people overestimate the space by the floor plan shown to them and are often disappointed by how much space they have once the project is realized.
There is a lot to consider when adding a loft conversion to your home. Plan and evaluate the things to satisfy your needs.